cx_Oracle for 10.3.1 Geoprocessing Tools

10-26-2015 03:08 PM
TamiOnstad
New Contributor III

I have several published GP tools in Windows 2008, AGS 10.2.2, Oracle client 11g that work great.  All Python toolbox scripts import the cx_Oracle module.  I have cx_Oracle installed on my ArcGIS Server machine (on both machines in the cluster that is used for GP services) and everything works as expected.

We recently upgraded to ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 and Windows 2012 servers with Oracle 12c client.  I have installed cx_Oracle as before on the GP-cluster machines.  Unfortunately cx_Oracle does not work at all in the new GP services on 10.3.1.  Even a stripped-down Python toolbox with no parameters which ONLY imports the cx_Oracle module will not work - I get an Invalid Tool error each time I try to run it. 

The cx_Oracle module works as expected if you run Python scripts directly on the ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 machine where it is installed.  It is only published Python Toolbox tools that use the cx_Oracle module that won't work.

Any ideas here?  It's baffling that this is set up the same way as 10.2.2 and the cx_Oracle module works fine on the local box, but the published tool is completely failing.

Any ideas?  ANY thoughts are welcome at this point.

Tami O.

0 Kudos
0 Replies