AnsweredAssumed Answered

Geoprocessing Service Not capturing All Possible Results

Question asked by RFerrigno on Oct 20, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 by George_Thompson-esristaff

I am in the process of developing a simple web application that would allow users within my organization to drop a point on a map, define their desired buffer area and return a list of the number of features in each particular layer. I started by developing a model builder in desktop and publishing the service to ArcServer. There are 2 outputs from the model, 1 is a dissolve which provides the layer name and count, and the 2nd a merge which provides the location of each feature within the buffer area ( a combination of every feature from the 20 potential layers in the application)

When I execute the task the tool runs and I get results returned to the map.  The problem however is that the buffer doesnt appear to be capturing all results within the area for example only grabs 4 out of 6 schools (this is the dissolve result)  and secondly the merge results do not match the locations of their original features within the buffer area.  For example a school on 1st street in the original input layer may appear in the merge results layer on 2nd street. All attribute data is accurate just not the spatial location.

I am at a complete loss as to the cause of these issues, one thought is the geoprocessing service is not configured properly to handle the large amount of input data.  The map contains 20 layers some of which contain upwards of 15k records.

Any help, thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Rich Ferrigno

Outcomes