AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mosaic Dataset Footprints - As Built

Question asked by gnewburyiv on Oct 20, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2015 by gnewburyiv

Was wondering if there are any stock tools or if anyone has written custom python code for exporting the footprints of a mosaic dataset as they would be assembled in the final mosaic at a given scale. My use case is overlapping imagery and elevation data taken at over a multi year period. i have the mosaic dataset configured to display the latest imagery on top and I'm using the MD to export a finished tile set, exported tiles are 0.01 deg x 0.01 deg in JPG2000 format. The idea being that a user could take this tileset for general mapping purposes and not need to worry about the individual imagery and elevation files that went into creating it.

However, I'd also like a vector dataset of the footprints to ride with the tileset so that an interested user could get a lineage of the data, i.e. the date of the original data and the original file name. I wrote my own tool to export the footprints, stack, and flatten them to get a latest on top feature class, but a built in tool would be preferred.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

George Newbury

Alexandria, VA

Outcomes