Is archydro ever going to be viable?

10-19-2015 01:38 PM
Labels (1)
ScottStopyak
Occasional Contributor II

I've been trying to use this toolset for a couple years, here and there. There's always a required step/tool that just bombs and unfortunately breaks the whole processing sequence. This latest iteration for 10.3 fails right out of the gate when I try the Level DEM tool. I guess it's better to fail from the get go than 16 steps into an 18 step process. I'm guessing that this toolset works for some developer, somewhere in some extremely specific and probably highly tweaked configuration. Can't this whole environment be zipped up into an installer that is more or less contained and configured in working order?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III

I'm currently being successful using the 10.2 version with only a few problems recently that are solved by an close/open cycle of ArcMap. My use is focused on watershed delineation and a few other tools including HEC-GeoHMS tools that are not currently part of Arc Hydro. I have never used the Level DEM tool.

I'm not on 10.3 yet, but movement to there is inevitable. I can't commiserate with you on that yet. I assume you've seen the Arc Hydro Problem Solvers thread and are familiar with some tricks of the trade posted there that keep the "head beating on the wall" to a minimum. ArcHydro Problem Solvers

0 Kudos