Interact with map points using separate widget?

Jump to solution
10-19-2015 12:21 PM
JacobYeager
New Contributor

I created a map on which I have generated points using JSON data.  I set it up so that on click, the info window shows and it centers the map on the point.  I've also created a sidebar that lists information about the various points, and I would like to be able to click an entry on the sidebar, and the associated point open the info window and center.  Is there a way to interact with those points outside the map itself?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

Most people are populating their sidebar with data using a grid. Once you have your grid populated,  you can tie a grid click event to it.  There are several threads dealing with grids and these events to give you specific examples. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jacob,

Normally I do this by making sure the sidebar data has the ObjectId in the data (even if it is not visible) so that you can search the GraphicsLayer or FeatureLayer for the OID attribute to get the correct graphic and then use the map.infoWindow.setFeatures to set the graphic and show the infowindow.

TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

Most people are populating their sidebar with data using a grid. Once you have your grid populated,  you can tie a grid click event to it.  There are several threads dealing with grids and these events to give you specific examples. 

0 Kudos
JacobYeager
New Contributor

Thanks, this gets me going in the right direction!

Edit: for people from the future, check out: dgrid | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

0 Kudos