How can I assign textures to my buildings?

Jump to solution
10-15-2015 11:59 AM
antoniode_la_torre_morales
New Contributor II

Hi,

i have a problem with my imported footprints. When i want to asign a texture to a facade i cant because my buildings doesnt have facades :S

I cant select them, neither with a double click. I would like to use real textures, not the texture from cga rules.

no puedeo seleccionar fachadas.png

I would like to assign this texture to the front facade of de selected building. Drag and drop doesnt work because my building doesnt have facades.

prueba.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Antonio,

It appears your building models might be derived from CGA (Madrid_edificios.cga). If so, you cannot drag and drop textures onto a generated model. You will need to apply the texture in the CGA file. Look in the help section for texturing. Start by searching for:

- setupProjection

- projectUV

- texture

You will also need to understand the concept of scope. Hint: if you extrude your building footprint, and use comp(f) to access the facade faces, then those faces will have scope.xy used in the setupProjection (or scope.yx if projection comes out upside down).

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
New Contributor II

Could someone answer my question please? Maybe the problem is the diference between static and dinamic buildings...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Antonio,

It appears your building models might be derived from CGA (Madrid_edificios.cga). If so, you cannot drag and drop textures onto a generated model. You will need to apply the texture in the CGA file. Look in the help section for texturing. Start by searching for:

- setupProjection

- projectUV

- texture

You will also need to understand the concept of scope. Hint: if you extrude your building footprint, and use comp(f) to access the facade faces, then those faces will have scope.xy used in the setupProjection (or scope.yx if projection comes out upside down).

Chris

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Thank you! I will try to do it with the CGA rule.

0 Kudos