Story Map Tour links to wrong photo

Jump to solution
10-09-2015 09:30 AM
BradySmith
Occasional Contributor

I have been working on updating photos on a hosted Story Map Tour that I created with the photos being stored in ArcGIS Online. After uploading a few photos, the story map appears to always reference a different photo than I uploaded, but the thumbnail is correct. The images below show that I selected the white house to be the picture for point 24 but the tour references the previous picture I uploaded.  Has anyone else had this problem or figured out a workaround?

WrongPhoto.JPGwrongPhoto2.JPG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Brady.

I identified the issue and will fix with the next release (planned for November 11th), you can track the issue through GitHub When sequentially updating multiple image on an existing tour, the resulting image for the point may...

In the meantime, unfortunately there is no other solution than reloading the builder after you update an image.

Sorry again for the issue and thanks for following up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GregoryL_Azou

From your screenshot it looks like the thumbnail and the main picture are always the same. Is that correct?

If so, I guess your issue is that the numbering is not what you expect? This maybe because you are using the first point as an introduction. You can change that settings through the Organize button (above the carousel).

If not, could you share a link to your tour?

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
BradySmith
Occasional Contributor

What happens is the picture I choose does not update the correct picture but has the correct thumbnail. This occurs after I update a couple of them. It will choose a picture that I previously uploaded and does not appear to get the order off. However, if I try long enough (3-4 times) it will eventually get the correct photo.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Ok, not sure what it can be or how to help you much without seeing your tour. Could you share a link to it? (private message if you want). Thanks

0 Kudos
BradySmith
Occasional Contributor

Most definitely. I sent you an email also with login if needed but here is the tour link. I updated tour point 45, 52, and finally 23. All the thumbnails show the correct photo that I uploaded.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Thanks Brady.

I identified the issue and will fix with the next release (planned for November 11th), you can track the issue through GitHub When sequentially updating multiple image on an existing tour, the resulting image for the point may...

In the meantime, unfortunately there is no other solution than reloading the builder after you update an image.

Sorry again for the issue and thanks for following up.

0 Kudos
BradySmith
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help identifying the issue.

0 Kudos