Map tour: hosted vs. template versions

Jump to solution
10-08-2015 03:34 PM
DragonflyLight_Richards
New Contributor III

I am creating a map tour story map in which I have downloaded the template in order to modify some elements, but I also want to have a hosted presence in order to maintain my story maps gallery and use the tools that ESRI offers there. The problem I have run across is that once hosted, the app no longer pays any attention to my custom settings such as the optional zoom level, or some of my meta properties.

Is there a way to have my story map in both worlds, hosted and template versions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Ok sorry about this, this sounds like a bug.

Do you if you are using the latest version of the template?

We had a bug couple of versions ago where the logo would not stick when clicking the save button.

Could you try use that exact process:

- enter the custom logo

- click anywhere on the white space below the preview

- click on save dialog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
GregoryL_Azou

Yes, if you configure the application that you are hosting on your server through the appid instead of webmap, all the parameters that you can define through the hosted builder will also be applied to the version you are hosting. That way you don't have to duplicate the title/subtitle for example.

All the options in index.html have an equivalent in the builder through inline editing or the settings dialog.

0 Kudos
DragonflyLight_Richards
New Contributor III

Thanks for clarifying this! I have found that some items do not seem to respond as well using the online builder. The custom logo in the top right will not update for me, for example. I was able to finally get the zoom level to respond just now. I will work with this again tomorrow morning and see if there are any other problems.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
DragonflyLight_Richards
New Contributor III

Gregory, can you tell me why my logo will not replace the stock ESRI logo in the top right corner? It is located here:

http://gis.ashland.or.us/lithiahistoric/resources/icons/AshlandParksRecLogo241x225.png

but although that path works fine in my browser, it is not working as a logo. What am I doing wrong here?

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Sorry I am not sure, your logo seems to works fine for me. Does it appear in the little preview on the side?

0 Kudos
DragonflyLight_Richards
New Contributor III

Yes, it appears in the preview, but does not seem to 'stick'.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Ok sorry about this, this sounds like a bug.

Do you if you are using the latest version of the template?

We had a bug couple of versions ago where the logo would not stick when clicking the save button.

Could you try use that exact process:

- enter the custom logo

- click anywhere on the white space below the preview

- click on save dialog

0 Kudos
DragonflyLight_Richards
New Contributor III

Yes, that worked! Clicking on the white space is magic.

The template I used was downloaded directly from the story maps website this week, so I would assume it is the current version.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Good to hear. Sorry about this, I will take a look. One last question: what browser are you using?

0 Kudos
DragonflyLight_Richards
New Contributor III

IE. No, just kidding!

Firefox is what I am using. Should I use chrome instead?

0 Kudos