Some ESRI CDN-hosted files for Javascript API/Dojo are never cached

10-07-2015 01:50 PM
EddieStathopoulos
New Contributor

I am developing an application for a client and am working on optimizing page-load times. All is well. I'm under a second.

However, I've noticed that stylesheets that are deemed necessary for an esri map and dijits are never cached when retrieved from the ESRI CDN. Such as claro.css and https://js.arcgis.com/3.14/esri/css/esri.css. esri.css is 41.4KB and seeing it as never caches and sometimes the response time can be pretty bad, this is just a bit annoying.

I've since moved my dijit themes source to the Google CDN as it will give me a 304. I could host these locally but deploying only the files I need would be a pain as esri.css references all sorts of directories and my map is so barebones, I don't want to push the whole API just to get a single 304.

Any way the ESRI CDN will start caching these responses?

Thanks,

Eddie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Eddie,

Something else to try in your quest for increasing performance - using the dojo builder... This is an old article, but still contains some good information:

Geospatial Scott: Using The Dojo Build System To Speed Up Your ESRI JavaScript API Apps

0 Kudos