mdnewton

Raster calculator 9.2/9.3 Spatial Problem

Discussion created by mdnewton on Nov 15, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2010 by mdnewton
Okay, I have one raster with a few different values over a particular area.  I have a second raster based on small ponds with the same spatial values as raster 1.  When subtracting raster 2 from raster 1, my hope was to get the equivalent of raster 1 with "holes" where all the ponds are.  In other words, all the grid cells that are ponds have a value of zero after the calculation and everything else stays the same.  This will allow me to add in a different set of values for the ponds.  When doing this, the holes (ponds) in the Calculation grid that is created are shifted approximately one grid cell to the left.  This will create problems when I attempt to add new values for the ponds back in. 

After quadruple (at least) checking that (1) both rasters are in exactly the same coordinate system (NAD83 UTM 14N - one was actually reprojected using the other as an imported coordinate system), (2) both rasters have exactly the same cellsize (0.5, 0.5), and (3) exaclty the same number Columns and Rows (34880, 52639), I have no idea what else would cause this problem.  Any ideas and/or suggestions would be helpful.  I have access to both 9.2 and 9.3, and the problem remains the same, even after "starting from scratch" on both.  Thanks!

Outcomes