Pop-up question

Jump to solution
10-01-2015 10:30 AM
Yavapai-ApacheNation
New Contributor II

I am building in a tabbed series template.  When I prepare the description pop-up for a point I am able to insert the URL for the picture in that box.  Then when I add the image link URL to a composite picture it loads as a page in another browser tab, not a pop-up. Can it be made into a pop-up with a close button (X) so the user doesn't need to close the tab?

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 9.54.56 AM.png

http://arcg.is/1fpdbWA

The only icon I have active right now is the "Agriculture Lands" with a recreation (tree and sign) icon.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

That's not supported, the link can only open in a new window. I don't think there is any workaround besides downloading the application, hosting and coding that change.

The good news is that we are working on a redesign of the popup and that's a feature currently being discussed. That should become available in the next months.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
GregoryL_Azou

That's not supported, the link can only open in a new window. I don't think there is any workaround besides downloading the application, hosting and coding that change.

The good news is that we are working on a redesign of the popup and that's a feature currently being discussed. That should become available in the next months.

Yavapai-ApacheNation
New Contributor II

That's too bad. I was sure I had seen it somewhere.

Here is a related question.

In the description pop-up I would like to include a picture and two audio files. I see how others' have made an audio file into a video with a single still image. That would work for me, but can I put all three in a single description box for a point?

Thanks. I love your quick responses.

Judie Piner

Preservation & Technology

Yavapai-Apache Nation

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

You are welcome. I never tried but see that thread, looks like you can by using another layout for the popup Embedding Audio & Video Content - Instructions & Examples

According to that page, any media that can be embedded using iframe should works so you should have plenty of option.

Yavapai-ApacheNation
New Contributor II

In reference to your  pop-up window answer about it opening in a new window, you mention a redesign.  Will it automatically apply or would we have to build the map all over again?

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Hey, any changes to the popup will apply automatically, and would be compatible with your data and popup formatting as long as you are not doing any customization through code.

Yavapai-ApacheNation
New Contributor II

That sounds great. Thanks.

Judie Piner

Preservation & Technology

Yavapai-Apache Nation

0 Kudos