need ESRI 9.3 locator style with one address, qualifier (unit #), zone and altname

09-29-2015 01:04 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am finding styles for ESRI 10x, but not for 9.3. We are using a version of a computer aided dispatch system with ESRI business partner New World Systems that still uses ESRI 9.3. We will not be upgrading to New World 11 with ESRI 10 for at least a year.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Terrence,

check out this thread: Create Address Locator in older version

All you need is those files in 9.3. Maybe your GIS contact at New World can help you with those.

Tim

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. i made multiple copies of the 10.x style, copied them to my 9.3 locator directory and renamed them with different extensions :

.Lot

.Avs

.xml

.lot.xml

none of them appear to be available for use within catalog to create a new locator.

I have a case open with New World. However, at first glance, they did not appear to be any more familiar with the issue than I am.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

You should have a US One Address with House Unit AltName type of locator available in 9.3; What version of ArcGIS are you currently using?

I know this guy that should be able to hook you up with 9.3 locators.....  Tim knows him too....  (Tim Witt​ )

That should just about do it....
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 9.3 but that is not on my list. i found an old zip file of styles for 9.3 online and it was not included there either. None of the ones that include "unit" are in my directory. A downloadable version of house-unit-altname-zone would be most welcome.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Terrence- next best thing to google is linked in.  Okay if I give you a call at snopac? I can dropbox a zipped folder for you...

That should just about do it....
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That would be great. I can be reached at tvanopdorp@snopac911.us or 4254073946 (work).

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

Did you ever get a 9.3.x single house with units, zone, alt name locator?

0 Kudos