Maps and Apps Gallery - changing background color

Jump to solution
09-28-2015 10:27 AM
ChayaBalsiger
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to change the header and window color for the Maps and Apps Gallery.  I downloaded the code from GitHub and started customizing our Maps and Apps Gallery.  I am stuck on how to change the color to a different color, besides red, blue or green.

Where in the code can I change this?

I tried changing the theme color:

from blue to #003366, but it doesn't like that. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

What we used was a custom CSS file.

In it we targeted the offending style and overlaid what we were wanting with it. Then in the index.html we referenced that CSS file LAST (of all CSS files) so that the rule we created would overwrite the other one... with minor intrusions into the Application.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Chaya,

To change the theme or color would be a lot of work

You can do it though

If you look at the css from 1588 down, you would have to change every one of the templates that have .blueTheme

It can be found in map-and-app-gallery-template/themes/styles/theme.css

map-and-app-gallery-template/theme.css at master · Esri/map-and-app-gallery-template · GitHub

0 Kudos
ChayaBalsiger
Occasional Contributor

I asked Brian O'keefe for help on this and he found an easier work-around.  Thanks for your help, though!

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

What we used was a custom CSS file.

In it we targeted the offending style and overlaid what we were wanting with it. Then in the index.html we referenced that CSS file LAST (of all CSS files) so that the rule we created would overwrite the other one... with minor intrusions into the Application.

0 Kudos