Popup with info

Jump to solution
09-24-2015 05:51 AM
NickKula
New Contributor

(program on qt-qml)

Need to do a floor plan...

I want to display information about the rooms in a popup window. What do I need for this?

Now I have a program with a plan like this image:

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Nick-

We don't yet have an official map callout in the API, but we are planning to add one for the Quartz release coming early next year.

With that said, you can write your own without too much effort. I did this for one of the demo apps at the UC this year. Please see this project - RuntimeQtSamples/sd_brewery_explorer at master · ldanzinger/RuntimeQtSamples · GitHub

I created a MapCallout.qml file, that is basically a styled rectangle with some text inside of it. When the user clicks on a feature, query the attributes of that feature, fill in the text in the rectangle with those attribute values, and set visibility to true/set the x and y to the screen x and y that the user clicked.

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Hi Nick-

We don't yet have an official map callout in the API, but we are planning to add one for the Quartz release coming early next year.

With that said, you can write your own without too much effort. I did this for one of the demo apps at the UC this year. Please see this project - RuntimeQtSamples/sd_brewery_explorer at master · ldanzinger/RuntimeQtSamples · GitHub

I created a MapCallout.qml file, that is basically a styled rectangle with some text inside of it. When the user clicks on a feature, query the attributes of that feature, fill in the text in the rectangle with those attribute values, and set visibility to true/set the x and y to the screen x and y that the user clicked.

Thanks,

Luke

NickKula
New Contributor

Lucas, can you help me with this app? Can I contact with you somewhere..?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Nick,

If you have a specific question, feel free to post it on here and we will do our best to give you a hand.

Thanks,

Luke