Admin level changes on web map are not replicating to someone with a user status?

09-23-2015 03:07 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I update a web map with for downloading to collector app with some of the fields turned off or editing turned off, this doesn't replicate over to the standard user profile for a named user?  They seem to be set up to see and edit everything still?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If the map is downloaded the updates are not pushed down to the offline map. The user will need to refresh the map gallery and then reopen the map or re-download the map to pick up the changes made to the map.

Cheers

Russ

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Russell, we have tried that and it still doesn't seem to work.  I should point out that we are using Arc Server 10.3 to host our data.  The problem also exist in ArcGIS online.  If I log in as an admin the changes are reflected (mainly fields that we don't want to be seen or edited) but if I sign out and re log in as a user only profile, you see all fields and can edit all of them.  If we publish the service without those fields view-able in ArcMap then we get an generic error when trying to download those maps for offline use.  As I said, this is occurring in both online and downloaded maps.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you updating the popup to reflect the service changes? Then you would resave the map.

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Russ,

Yes we have updated the popup to reflect the change and resaved the map, what is interesting is that anyone with a Admin level sees the reflected changes when they log in, but the other users don't see the changes either in online or in a new downloaded map. 

Thanks,

Cody

0 Kudos