Scrolling in Story Map Journal

Jump to solution
09-22-2015 11:07 AM
CoryBoschman
New Contributor II

I've created a story map (http://arcg.is/1P5HHRO) on my 13" mac book, and when i scroll through the pages is works great. When go to the story map on an iMac and scroll with the mouse it jumps over the fifth page consistently, and sometimes the fourth page as well.

I can reproduce it when i load the app into Screenfly / Test Your Website at Different Screen Resolutions and set the screen really large.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for your feedback. Map Journal Side Panel is well suited when you have a lot of narrative but when your narrative is small, this is the expected behavior. We recommand in that case that you use the Floating Panel layout, that configuration is available through the settings. You will not have that issue with the Floating Panel layout as only one section is displayed at a time.

If you prefer to keep Side Panel, the behavior you face is because the panel size is dependent on your browser size. Through settings you can hose between three configuration.

By choosing the small configuration, I think your story will be fine on any screen size.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for your feedback. Map Journal Side Panel is well suited when you have a lot of narrative but when your narrative is small, this is the expected behavior. We recommand in that case that you use the Floating Panel layout, that configuration is available through the settings. You will not have that issue with the Floating Panel layout as only one section is displayed at a time.

If you prefer to keep Side Panel, the behavior you face is because the panel size is dependent on your browser size. Through settings you can hose between three configuration.

By choosing the small configuration, I think your story will be fine on any screen size.

0 Kudos
CoryBoschman
New Contributor II

thanks for the help.

i tried the floating bar, but i found it awkward for the pages that do have more text. i must be a lazy computer reader as i'd rather scroll the screen up then read to the bottom of the page, and then it ends up skipping to the next page on me unexpectedly.

i think i'll just come up with some more text and or add some spaces between paragraphs and make the font bigger.

hopefully that's enough to fix it.

0 Kudos