AnsweredAssumed Answered

Only show last 24 hours of data on an AGOL web map

Question asked by jay.gregory on Sep 21, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2015 by simo

I have a time-enabled feature class that grows by about 60 events each day (it is currently up to about 100k events). This feature class is published to a ArcGIS for Server 10.3 instance.  I've been messing around with the "filter" option for layers in AGOL.  I can set a filter to display events for a specific day or a date range, but I'm curious if it's possible to have a web map always just display the last 24 hours of events.  It doesn't look like it can be done with the filter option as it has no understanding of "today" or even timestamps (just dates) - is there a way to update the filter on an AGOL web map programatically, so every five minutes it updates the query to only retrieve the last 24 hours of data? 

Alternatively, would the only other way to achieve this effect be to create a second feature class that is itself updated every 5 minutes to only include the last 24 hours of data from the first feature class.  Then expose the "subset" feature class to ArcGIS Server and build my webmap off that? It seems inefficient, but I'm struggling to determine the best way to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Jay

PS - I haven't yet explored geoevent processor fully and don't know if this extension would make this more possible/efficient or not.

Outcomes