Will call to StopEditOperation with StartEditing(bool withUndoRedo = false) commit the change to a database

09-17-2015 06:49 PM
MarkMindlin
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

It is for 10.3 Desktop version and Informix database with versioning.

The task is to validate some feature attribute which was updated by user. I should do it before SaveEdits (StopEditing(true/false)) with SQL in Informix data base.

I need to clarify if the actual update is commited to database after StopEditOperation() was called from C# code.

If yes, what table (feature class) is updated?

I use multiversion view and cannot see it.

What is the table with postfix "_mv"?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkMindlin

The Informix database driver is set to Default (There are also options like "Show uncommited" and others)

0 Kudos
FreddieGibson

When editing data in an enterprise geodatabase you should start the edit session using the StartMultiUserEditing method of the IMultiuserWorkspaceEdit interface. As a result of the data being versioned it will automatically implement the undo and redo stacks. While editing the data I believe the changes will be stored in the A&D tables. The information will be committed to the versioned view after stopping the edit operation. More information about this process can be seen on the following page:

Editing with the geodatabase API

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcobjects-net/conceptualhelp/#/Editing_with_the_geodatabase_API...

0 Kudos