Points from Raster Clip

09-16-2015 08:34 AM
EvaLyon
New Contributor

I have created points (Approx-3,000,000) from raster clip of area of a city using spatial analyst tool. The X and Y coordinates are fine but there is a problem with the elevations. The elevations are set to be in the default layer as that of the raster clip. When I export the points into an excel the elevations of few points were either way below "0" or in thousands of feet above the ground even when the terrain doesn't have such massive difference in elevation and some elevations are not even recorded (as shown in attachments below). The surface generated from such points have irregular shaped contours with straight lines passing from one side of the site to the other.

How should I get the points with (X,Y,Z) so that I can import them into Civil 3D and create a surface from them?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Eva,

Can you provide more background on your workflow to create the points?  For example,

1.  What type of raster are you using? (i.e. 1 band, 32-bit Float)

2.  What tool(s) did you run to create the point feature class?

0 Kudos
EvaLyon
New Contributor

I don't have any idea about the type of Raster Clip.

I have imported the raster into Arc GIS >> from extraction tools I have extracted points from the raster clip >> Using spatial analyst tools I have generated points to a table and extracted them to excel

0 Kudos