AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do you update the layer symbology (styles) in table of contents automatically?

Question asked by MPachlhofer on Sep 14, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 by MPachlhofer

Hi, I'm trying to create a layer package using the 'Schema Only' option. Everytime I go to run the tool, however, I keep getting ERROR 001280: "For Schema only packages, the input datasets cannot be located in different workspaces.". I've checked the two feature classes that I'm using and they are both located in the same personal geodatabase (.mdb) file under the same feature dataset. I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong. I'd appreciate any help that might give me clue as to the problem.

I've attached the data that I'm working with, which doesn't have any features currently drawn because I was just testing to see if I could create a layer package successfully to automatically update my element symbology.

What I'm actually trying to do is update the symbology in my table of contents automatically after the data is added. I thought that a layer package using the 'schema only' option would be my best bet, but if anyone has links to or knows of a script (Python, VB, etc...) that can do that same thing I'd be willing to try that.

Thanks in advance, Mark

Attachments

Outcomes