Problem in reclassifying raster map

09-14-2015 03:31 AM
PolashBanerjee
New Contributor II

I created a raster overlay using map algebra (Raster calculator) in ArcGIS 10.2.2, which involved 15 raster images and their relative weights. When I tried to reclassify it under spatial analyst toolbox, it didn't reclassify according to the natural breaks which I provide in the toolbox. It created more classes after the data processing. Initially I thought that, it may be due to some bug in the software, but when I tried the same with ordinary raster image, it worked fine. Any clue, whats going on here?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Can you provide some statistics on the raster like in the image in this link, when you symbolize the raster using natural breaks specifically.

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/desktop/latest/map/working-with-layers/classifying-numerical-fields-for...

When reclassifying, were there differences in the number of classes or the class values that was provided to the tool  versus those using symbology?  There is a specific natural breaks classification scheme which I don't see as an option elsewhere.

0 Kudos
PolashBanerjee
New Contributor II

the raster images are outputs from IDW and ordinary kriging of socioeconomic attributes.

0 Kudos