ArcGIS Pro 1.1 - windows 10

09-15-2015 06:31 AM
jamiefinney
New Contributor III

is there anyway to get ArcGIS Pro 1.1 to work on windows 10?

Tried installing on a surface pro and when i run the application nothing happens.

The first time i ran it and a splash screen came up then prompted for my username / password.

i didn't realize you had to activate online first so i got an error saying i wasn't authorized to use it.

when online and activated my account

tried to run it again. no splash screen or password prompt, no indication of it running on the screen.

it does show  that its running in the task manager though with a tiny footprint

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

JJust as a side, here is a new blog post  ​Windows 10, Imagery, and Google Play Services | Top GeoNet Topics

are you still attached to the Internet?  If not, have you tried to connect and try again?

jamiefinney
New Contributor III

Definitely have an internet connection.

0 Kudos
WilliamMcInnes
New Contributor III

I have been running pro on Windows 10 (desktop version in a virtual machine on a mac). It works, mostly! When I upgraded to 10 from 7, I had a license checked out, and I couldn't log in, and had to get ESRI to reset the license. ESRI isn't supporting 10 yet (plans to in Q1 2016), but they were good about helping me anyways. I am having a problem "sharing" maps to file, but I can print to pdf.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

William, I have been getting an error on the Win10 machine that my license is "expired" even though I can access it on a win7 machine with no issues.  I'm wondering if the resetting of the license is a common issue.  I'll check with my rep to have mine reset and see if that helps.  Even if not supported, I was wanting to play around with it on 10.

0 Kudos
WilliamMcInnes
New Contributor III

I had heard of the issue before - but I never had the problem of an "expired" license. I would check with your AGOL admin, they should be able to renew it if it is just expired. I am now running it with no issues on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I am the admin....not an issue with the AGOL admin license side of things Since I can access just fine with my win7 machines. All looks good there.  I need to look more into this today to see if I still have issues (been a couple weeks, so may have resolved itself)

EDIT:  did a repair on the install....just to reset things, still getting same error.

I need to see if I can find out where the login credentials are stored....this error pops up right away, so not sure if I'm logged in an a different user (i.e. my dev user maybe).

EDIT2: worked with tech support and realized that ArcPro Beta 1.1 hadn't uninstalled clean.  I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.1 final (also had re-downloaded the install, just in case mine was corrupt. Rebooted after uninstall and re-installed.  Now it seems to be ok, or at least start up.  Haven't tested further yet.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton
Occasional Contributor III

i just get the spinning wheel and then nothing

in the task manager i see the process has started but nothing opens.

0 Kudos