we have a test server going where we have set up ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 (workgroup) and Portal. Setting up the Portal was relatively easy, and I made some adjustments to the site (new basemaps) and added a few maps and services from AGS on the same server (and from out prod. AGS server running 10.1). All well so far.
Now, all of a sudden, my admin account is "corrupted" in some way, and all the things I did, as mentioned above, are gone.
- I can't log in:
Unable to sign you in to Portal for ArcGIS
Make sure you type in your username and password correctly. Your password is case sensitive.
- I can't reset the password
- When I try to reset using the 'Forgot password' option, I just get "Error: Unable to modify information for user".
- Trying the 'Reset password' option from My organization (using a colleague's admin login), I just get "Error: Unable to reset the password for member '(my account)'".
- I can't edit any profiles
- Using my colleague's admin login Itried to edit my profile, but only got "Error Updating Profile: Unable to modify user information at this time."
- I also tried to edit my colleague's own profile and got the same message.
- Strange message when adding new user
- For this test we have added a few users as built-in portal members. Trying to add a new admin account I completed the registration, and then got "Complete! (green check symbol)" and the message "Unable to add the following members: (new account)".
- It seems I can log in to this account, but still can't edit any profile info/password. I tried to change password from the profile, and now this new account is at point 1 above (Unable to sign in to Portal for ArcGIS)...
So... what could be wrong here? What can cause all content of an account to disappear like that? Why can no one update their profiles anymore?