Multiple feature searches off the same layer

Jump to solution
09-11-2015 08:04 PM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

​can the feature search function be configured to run multiple searchs off the same layer?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

When you try to select the same layer for the second time to define the second feature search, there will be an error message indicating that you can only search on one field per layer.

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

If you have a service with multiple layers, you can add the service and the layer individually (using the REST endpoint of the layer) and define the second search on that layer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

When you try to select the same layer for the second time to define the second feature search, there will be an error message indicating that you can only search on one field per layer.

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

If you have a service with multiple layers, you can add the service and the layer individually (using the REST endpoint of the layer) and define the second search on that layer.

RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

OK cool. That's what happened when I tried to define a second search, I just though I would check.

I thought about adding the layer again and defining a new search but now I have extra layers. And since I need multiple feature searches well it would just get culttered. I think my solution will be in building an address locator

0 Kudos