Creating Network Dataset with ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
09-10-2015 10:01 AM
Wai_LamWong
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm new to ArcGIS and I'm trying to follow the Network Analyst Tutorial using ArcGIS Pro.

I have the Network Analyst license enabled (I checked by going to Project -> Licensing -> Esri Extensions), but I'm having trouble with step 8 of Excercise 1. When I expand "New", I only see "Feature Class" and "Relationship Class".

The tutorial refers to ArcMap; is the New Network Dataset wizard located somewhere else in Pro?

Exercise 1: Creating a network dataset—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

8. Right-click the Transportation feature dataset and click New > Network Dataset.

Choosing New Network Dataset

Thanks for your time!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, it is not possible to create a new network dataset in Pro 1.1.  This functionality will be available in a future release.

For the mean time, you need to create network datasets in ArcMap or ArcCatalog, but once you have created them, you can use them in Pro.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, it is not possible to create a new network dataset in Pro 1.1.  This functionality will be available in a future release.

For the mean time, you need to create network datasets in ArcMap or ArcCatalog, but once you have created them, you can use them in Pro.

0 Kudos
Wai_LamWong
New Contributor

Thanks for the clarification, Melinda.

1. ArcGIS for Desktop has ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap, but it doesn't include the ArcCatalog program. Does this mean that I can perform all tasks without ArcCatalog? Or is there some functionality that ArcCatalog provides which Pro and ArcMap cannot?

2. Is there any benefit to doing this tutorial in ArcGIS Pro or should I just do it in ArcMap?

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Desktop includes ArcCatalog, look in the ArcGIS program group.