Collector | Map download failed. Unable to create replica.

09-09-2015 10:44 AM
RosemaryFasselin2
New Contributor

I've been looking high and low for a solution to a recent problem I've been having with Collector. I created two services (1 editable, 1 not) and a map to be used with Collector. Everything is hosted in the cloud using our company's Enterprise account (not Server). I worked on this a lot early last week and late the week before and still cannot get it to work properly.

The issue is offline use of the map.

When I log into the iPad, I can access the map and edit the features while online but when I try to download it to the device for offline use, I get the following error:

Map Download Failed

Unable to download the map

Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters. Create replica internal error.

I've been looking all over GeoNet for this exact error but cannot find it. However, I have tried several things including Global Id creation and deleting and recreating the relationship table for attachment.

I am using a File Geo database with 3 or 4 domains (very simple) and no subtypes. There is one point feature class that I use in one service for editing. It contains about 150 points to which the field crews will navigate and make updates. There are a few other feature classes that I use in another service and only allow query capabilities.

A couple other things to note:

- No one else in my organization is having any problem. I have shared the map and all services with a Group that I created and the members of the group can download and sync without issue.

- The XY coordinate system I'm using is GCS WGS 1984 for all feature classes.

- I have not upgraded to ArcMap 10.3 -- still running 10.2.

We're going into the field late next week and I'd love to sort this out for my confidence level -- this is the first time I've used Collector and I'd like to it to be as flawless for the field crew as possible.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JenniLang
New Contributor III

I have also been receiving the same error message. I'm also using a File geodatabase, with 9 FC, (3 point, 3 line and 3 polygon). These FCs have many domains.

I have been blaming our poor wifi network which doesn't cope very well in peak times of the day. I found when I tried to download the map early this morning it worked well.

When it has failed today while trying to download using other logins and on other devices, I waited for a little while and re-tried to download the map I succeeded.

0 Kudos
RosemaryFasselin2
New Contributor

I'm glad I'm not alone!

We thought it might be our poor wifi too but I can't do it at any time of the day or at home. Not only that, but I can log in, try it, fail (several times), and then someone else can log in right after me and it will work perfectly. I guess until I discover a fix, I'll just let other people man the tablets but it'd be nice to know if there's something I can do technically that would fix this issue.

Thanks for your reply, Jenni.

0 Kudos
AndrewPhay
New Contributor II

I'm having a similar issue that might be related.  "I'm getting the Map Download Failed.  Unable to download the map.  The request timed out".  Not quite the same issue but similar.  This started to happen the morning of the 12th around 9am.  Our group started downloading the map we were to use in the field earlier that morning and had no issues.  Around 9 someone tried downloading the map and we got that error. 

We have tried with multiple ipads, wifi routers, cellular data connections, and different maps.  I even created a feature layer on our service from the ESRI Location Tracking template and put it into a map by itself with the topo basemap and it still doesn't download. 

The funny thing is, the people that downloaded that morning before the issue popped up had no problem synchronizing the maps bacak to the cloud.  They couldn't download new maps though.

We have an Organization account with AGOL and are running collector on iPads.

Did you find any solutions to the problems?

0 Kudos
AndrewPhay
New Contributor II

This morning i tried it at 615 and it didn't work, then at 930 the map downloaded.  I didn't change anything and was about to call tech support.  The only thing i can think of that might have been the reason it worked was that the all the clients released/removed the maps from their iPads at 6am.  That might have cleared up the issue by the 930 download test.  That is all guessing though.  It could have been an issue that got fixed on the server on Monday morning without my knowledge.  Hopefully this helps someone out there.

0 Kudos
RosemaryFasselin2
New Contributor

I'm not sure what to think about all of this. My team is inclined to think that it's a WiFi issue but the fact that it's only happening to me seems inconsistent. That said, I'll continue to try and try with the hope that it will work. I'm glad you had success!

0 Kudos
EthanGomberg
New Contributor III

Our organization is still having this problem. We have double checked all our work and there aren't any invalid layer names in the services. Thing is, our services were are all working fine in Collector until the last few weeks, now we cannot make any of our maps work offline. Is anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
RosemaryFasselin2
New Contributor

I am still unable to download my map for offline use but others in my Enterprise are able to. There are definitely some quirks but most of them are attributed to poor WiFi speeds. The replication error still concerns me. Is it a bug because I own the services, map, and group that I'm not allowed to download it? I don't have an answer. Sorry!

0 Kudos
EthanGomberg
New Contributor III

We've been testing in various locations around the world within our organization. Both on internal Wifis and using broadband connections, none of our collector services will work offline. We even tried removing layers, still no success.

Apparently its time to call ESRI support.

0 Kudos
RosemaryFasselin2
New Contributor

Is there some way to get ESRI to read this thread and respond?

0 Kudos