How to use Advanced Symbology on a GeodatabaseFeatureTable

Jump to solution
09-10-2015 05:03 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all

A GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable (i.e. from an online feature service) has a property called useAdvancedSymbology​, but for some reason a GeodatabaseFeatureTable (i.e. from a local geodatabase) doesn't.

Is there anyway to display features from a local geodatabase using Advanced Symbology?

I want to symbolise a line as a two parallel lines of different colours which works fine using Advanced Symbology but otherwise it just arbitrarily displays only one of the lines.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is a workaround:

Publish your feature service with the symbology you want. Add the layer to your app using the GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable and save the render json info as a json file from within your app using code such as:

app.folder.writeJsonFile(layer.name + ".json", layer.renderer.json)

Copy this json file to your app folder, then apply this json file to a renderer to use with your GeodatabaseFeatureTable. e.g.:

UniqueValueRenderer{

id: rendererFromJsonFile;

Component.onCompleted: {

rendererFromJsonFile.json =  app.folder.readJsonFile("renderer.json" );

}  }

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is a workaround:

Publish your feature service with the symbology you want. Add the layer to your app using the GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable and save the render json info as a json file from within your app using code such as:

app.folder.writeJsonFile(layer.name + ".json", layer.renderer.json)

Copy this json file to your app folder, then apply this json file to a renderer to use with your GeodatabaseFeatureTable. e.g.:

UniqueValueRenderer{

id: rendererFromJsonFile;

Component.onCompleted: {

rendererFromJsonFile.json =  app.folder.readJsonFile("renderer.json" );

}  }

0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Paul

I poked around the teams here and seems that indeed this property is missing from geodatabaseFeatureTable component. Ive created work items to deal with it, but I'm very happy to hear you found a workaround to keep moving for now.

Regard, Marika

0 Kudos