IExportOperation.GetOptions HELP

11-13-2010 08:23 AM
JonHansen
New Contributor
In an attempt to automate some export functions in ArcView 9.3, I am facing the same problem I've been dealing with for the last 11 years...A COMPLETE lack of cohesive documentation for ArcObjects.  I quote the ONLY documentation I've been able to find on the method:

Provides a dialog that prompts for export options. These include including the output table/feature class.

Syntax

Set variable = object.GetOptions (featureClass, layerName, hasSelection, supportMapProjection, parentHWnd, saveProjection, option )

The GetOptions method syntax has the following object qualifier and arguments:

Part Description
object An object expression that evaluates to an object in the Applies To list.
variable A reference to an object that implements IDatasetName.
featureClass Required. An IFeatureClass object.
layerName Required. A string expression that represents the layerName.
hasSelection Required. A Boolean expression that represents the hasSelection state.
supportMapProjection Required. A Boolean expression that represents the supportMapProjection state.
parentHWnd Required. A Long that represents the parentHWnd.
saveProjection Required. A Boolean expression that represents the saveProjection state.
option Required. An esriExportTableOptions constant whose value represents the option.

Product Availability

Available with ArcGIS Desktop.

Okay...Thanks for nothing ESRI...Again
Is there anyone out there who knows just what the arguments listed mean and how the method works or do I just need to waste another 8 hours playing with random inputs until I hit on the proper form?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
vincentLahaye
New Contributor II
hi,

i never used it, but if i read doc, it could be something like this :

dim test as IExportOperation = new ExportOperation()

dim itfDatasetName as IDatasetName = test.GetOptions(featureClass, "Your layer name", False, False, 0, true, esriExportTableOptions.esriExportAllRecords)

test.ExportFeatureClass(itfDatasetName, nothing, nothing, GeoDefFeaturclass, OutFeatureClassName,0)

Vincent
0 Kudos