Georeferencing Toolbar missing in 10.3?

Jump to solution
09-04-2015 01:27 PM
TommyDye
New Contributor II

I am trying to georeference a scanned tiff image, however when I turn the georeferencing toolbar on in customize toolbars nothing happens normally a greyed out toolbar is launched that turns active when an unreferenced image is loaded.  it was working fine in 10.2 before the upgrade to 10.3.Is this a bug in 10.3? Or have I simply failed to turn on a supporting feature (both spatial and 3d are on and working)

Arc Version: 10.3.1 Advanced for desktop

Extensions: Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Terrago,

Dual Monitors

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TommyDye
New Contributor II

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

The other GIS Tech who last used the machine (6 months ago) had the monitors reversed with the right monitor as the main and the left as secondary when I made the left monitor primary it pushed the un-docked toolbar into no-mans land. It kept this setting (Right monitor primary) even when plugged into a single monitor, I think due to some conflict between the default windows display manager and the HP display manager.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

Do you have the basemap on your arcmap when you drag the tiff image? I have the same problem previously in 10.2 and what I did is remove the basemap, drag the tiff image first then add back the basemap and then I was able to proceed in georeferencing process.

Give it a try if that is the case you have.

0 Kudos
TommyDye
New Contributor II

I have tried it with both blank projects and with exiting projects with data. I am stumped. Even after a clean install it is still missing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

Try to change the image from tiff to jpeg format and see if it will work.

This is also one of the workaround i applied when dealing with the same problem though i'm using 10.2

If it will not work, maybe you are right that it could be a bug on 10.3

0 Kudos
TommyDye
New Contributor II

I will give it a try next week.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tommy,

It might happen with a Dual Monitor system. Check the other monitor if the Georeferencing toolbar is opening there.

Think Location
0 Kudos
TommyDye
New Contributor II

I really hope its as simple as unplugging one monitor.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If this is the issue, you can just drag the toolbar from Monitor-2 to Monitor-1 or vice-versa.

Think Location
0 Kudos
TommyDye
New Contributor II

It's not showing up on either monitor.

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

Hi Tommy, were you able to try it? Changing .tiff image to .jpeg image?

Just curious if that will work on your end.

0 Kudos