Image Size Restrictions

Jump to solution
09-04-2015 11:53 AM
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

I was wondering what the image size limit is when you choose to include an image?  I had 3 different photos for choice options and they all displayed in Survey Connect but once published they did not on my Ipad.  Though I had a capital letter off or something but then I notice those 2 images were over 2MB.  I resized and they were fine but what is the limit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

When using images in your Notes or Choices, you will want to be careful with the case sensitivity:

iOS is case sensitive, unlike Windows.  This will explain why you could see the images in Connect, but not in the mobile app in your phone.

As  for the size of photos, the best is to play around until you get a size that works well in the devices you  plan to use. You will want to keep the images as small as possible to make the download of your survey fast.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

When using images in your Notes or Choices, you will want to be careful with the case sensitivity:

iOS is case sensitive, unlike Windows.  This will explain why you could see the images in Connect, but not in the mobile app in your phone.

As  for the size of photos, the best is to play around until you get a size that works well in the devices you  plan to use. You will want to keep the images as small as possible to make the download of your survey fast.

0 Kudos