ArcMap network based on Open Streetmap data

09-03-2015 09:08 AM
TobiasZimmer
New Contributor

Hello all,

I would like to build a multimodal network for several regions in Chile in order to calculate distances for train and truck transportation between cities. I have completed the Network Analyst tutorial and played around a bit with the ArcGIS Editor for OSM.

Is there a way to download only certain features from OSM using the ArcGIS Editor? The Download, Extract & Symbolize Tool seems to convert the whole content of the chosen area to features which limits the extent of data downloaded. Instead of downloading every feature for a small area I would like to download only the street or railway features for the whole region.

One more thing ... I have found shapefiles representing only the road and railway network in Chile. However, roads are not always connected in the shapefile and when I create a network from it without any preparation I cannot find routes for longer distances due to these gaps. I guess that I would need to use the integration tool before building the network. But since the OSM data seems to work very well I wanted to try that first. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulCone
New Contributor III

You might post this question at Esri/arcgis-osm-editor · GitHub.

TobiasZimmer
New Contributor

That's not a bad idea. Thanks!

0 Kudos