Editing Related Tables in Collector

09-02-2015 01:50 PM
KennyRatliff
New Contributor

Have a feature service set up for field inspections using Collector.  Some of the point attributes are in the feature class and some are in a related table.  After creating a record, I am able to edit the content that is in the feature class and sync.  When trying to edit the attributes in the related table, I'm able to change the information.  But when I try to sync, I get an "Update failed" message.  The only option to go back and correct and input error is to delete the entire feature.  Can someone advise what to check in order to be able to edit and sync?

Thanks in advance!

Kenny

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

Odd I use related tables often in collector and have no issues updating.  So when you click on the main feature and goto view related in collector you see the related item but the sync fails?  How do you have your relate set up?  Is it a GlobalID to a GUID?

0 Kudos
KennyRatliff
New Contributor

I can edit and sync attributes in the feature class.  I can create a view for the feature that writes to the table.  However, if I made an error in something in the view I can edit the attribute but it will not sync update.  The table was setup for historic logging of certain inspection attributes.  I am able to create a second and more views as later inspections.  But cannot edit any of the previous.

The relate is set as 1 to many, composite.  Would bi-directional or one way be set wrong?  I think it is one-way now.  It is set as a GlobalID to a GUID.

Thanks for your interest!

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Kenny,

Is the webmap in ArcGIS Online? If so, can you share your map to a group and invite the account Collector4ArcGIS into it? If I can access the webmap and feature service, I can take a look.

-Miaogeng

0 Kudos
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

ok, the setup sounds fine.  bi-direction/one way I assume you mean the messaging when you create the relate?  I always leave it to none and never have an issue.  Take a look at the feature service in AGOL and does it have the options to add, edit, update marked?

0 Kudos