Inserting power point slides and videos into a story map

Jump to solution
09-02-2015 03:33 PM
MelvinShuster
New Contributor III

Sometime ago I easily inserted power point slides and a video into an ESRI story map using the available keys. It appears now that these two options are no longer available or require coding. Am I missing something or has ESRI discontinued these options. When I went back to my old story map the power point and video still worked.  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelvinShuster
New Contributor III

Rupert:

Thanks for your interest. I think that I found the answer to my problem. When I initially created my map and then went to share it and started the Map Tour Builder, I chose to use the ArcGIS Online Hosting option rather than importing my video and images from a third party. I thought that I could do this later. Apparently this option does not allow for the importing of any P/P or video. I redid the Map Tour Builder using the other options and I now am able to import the media that I want to. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Have you got the link to your story map you can share so we can have a look? Also let us know which story map application template you are using. There are several of them and we need to know which one you are using in order to be able to answer questions

There have been a couple of blog posts that might be useful recently too:
ArcGIS Blog: Add PowerPoint slides to your Story Map

ArcGIS Blog: Add Vimeo videos to your Story Map Tour

ArcGIS Blog: Add YouTube videos to your Story Map Tour

0 Kudos
MelvinShuster
New Contributor III

Rupert:

Thanks for responding to my question and the video links. The link to my story map is: http://arcg.is/1NImrTS . The type of map is: Story Map Tour.

The problem seems to be that there are no options for adding either P/P or video.

Thanks,

Mel

0 Kudos
MelvinShuster
New Contributor III

Rupert:

Thanks for your interest. I think that I found the answer to my problem. When I initially created my map and then went to share it and started the Map Tour Builder, I chose to use the ArcGIS Online Hosting option rather than importing my video and images from a third party. I thought that I could do this later. Apparently this option does not allow for the importing of any P/P or video. I redid the Map Tour Builder using the other options and I now am able to import the media that I want to. Thanks again.

0 Kudos