Group Nesting and Relevant field Issue

Jump to solution
09-02-2015 01:26 PM
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

Ok so maybe this is not support or I am not understanding.  I have a grouping (I have a simple example below) based on 2 choices say sign and light.  One group (sign) has required fields and relevancy is set so the group is only relevant when it = sign.  When I am in the light group I am getting a message in the survey that I did not complete the required field (Image1 in the sign group.  Why is this?

MultiSelect hardware (Sign or Light)

Begin Sign group (relevant only if hardware = sign)

Image1 - 1st photo (Required)

Add_Signs1 - Are there additional signs? (yes or no)

Begin additional sign group   (I am doing this as repeat is not yet supported)  (relevant only if Add_Signs1 = yes)

Image2 - 2nd photo

Are there additional signs? (yes or no)

...........This repeats 5 times

End (ends the Additional sign group)

Geopoint collection

End (Ends the sign group)

Begin Light group  (relevant only if hardware = light)

Are the lights working (yes or no)

Geopoint collection

End (Ends the sign group)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Ron,

When you have a form where there are required fields inside a relevant statement, the current behavior of Survey123 is to make these fields required in the resulting feature service. This is why you are unable to complete your form, because the underlying data is enforcing the field to be required, even though the form knows that the question is not relevant.

We understand that it is more logical for the questions to be required by the form, not the feature service. This fix is currently a work in progress.

For more information: If ain't 'relevant', don't make it 'required' · Issue #78 · Esri/Survey123Community · GitHub

- Hannah

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Ron,

When you have a form where there are required fields inside a relevant statement, the current behavior of Survey123 is to make these fields required in the resulting feature service. This is why you are unable to complete your form, because the underlying data is enforcing the field to be required, even though the form knows that the question is not relevant.

We understand that it is more logical for the questions to be required by the form, not the feature service. This fix is currently a work in progress.

For more information: If ain't 'relevant', don't make it 'required' · Issue #78 · Esri/Survey123Community · GitHub

- Hannah

RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, good to know it wasnt on my end.  If that gets worked out it would be great.   The more I use Survey123 the more I like it.  Looking forward to the new updates

0 Kudos