Quick Report Drafts -Unable to Edit or Submit

09-01-2015 12:10 PM
DonaldHandshoe1
New Contributor II

I touched on this in an earlier post, but thought I would make a separate one to address this particular issue.

When in offline mode using the Quick Reports Template, submissions are saved as drafts. You can then go back and view the various drafts that were saved. However, I am unable to edit or submit any of these drafts (regardless of being online or offline). I have confirmed this behavior on both iOS and Android. Drafts can be deleted, but tapping the "edit" button doesn't appear to do anything at all.

Can anyone please help me out with this?

2 Replies
DonaldHandshoe1
New Contributor II

I've updated to Beta 4 and this problem still persists. Anyone have a solution? Is this going to be fixed or is it a dead end?

0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Donald

The "offline" capability that we had in the Quick Report beta's - as you describe - was insufficient. We may have stored the records but there was no code to update them once back online. Also, you could only actually submit a record if you lost connection after the service had already been read, and you got a location.

For the first full release offline has been removed from Quick Report. We know offline is important - and we do plan to add offline specific templates to our collection over time.

Users can also customize any of the templates to suit they specific needs. We do have a reasonable number of samples that demonstrate the different elements that you need to build any web mapping app - including offline functionality.

Regards, Marika

0 Kudos