Web App Builder Edit Widget

Jump to solution
08-29-2015 12:25 PM
ToddHenry1
Occasional Contributor

I have a feature class with many fields that I need to rearrange the order in the edit widget within WebApp Builder.   It appears that the only way is to move each field one at a time.  If I have a field at the top and I need to click down about 50times to get it to the bottom since I don't want that field to be edited and therefore don't want it at the top of the list.

This is feature layer hosted on ArcGIS server and for my pop-ups I need the field so I would prefer to not create two services removing the fields before I publish the service to ArcGIS server.

Is there a better way?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Todd,

currently using the UI, no there is not a better way. You can go into the config_Edit.json and manually cut and paste the fields if you pay close attention to the json structure. If you are not real confident about editing the json directly I would give it a go anyway and then runs your whole config_Edit.json through a online json linter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Todd,

currently using the UI, no there is not a better way. You can go into the config_Edit.json and manually cut and paste the fields if you pay close attention to the json structure. If you are not real confident about editing the json directly I would give it a go anyway and then runs your whole config_Edit.json through a online json linter

ToddHenry1
Occasional Contributor

How would I get access to the Edit_config.json file and then how would I upload those changes back to ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Todd,

Well using WAB in AGOL changes things you can only get access to the main config.json for editing using the ArcGIS Online Assistant, so that does not help you. The only way you can do what I suggest is if you are using Web AppBuilder developer or you are willing to get WAB dev and host your downloaded AGOL WAB app on your web server. As this is probably more effort for you to do then to move the fields one at a time this is likely a mute point.

ToddHenry1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

For now, I'm rebuilding my feature class so the fields are better organized.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Todd,

Don't forget to mark this thread as answered.

0 Kudos
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

Todd,

Thanks for you post this, I agree that this is a bad user experience and we do have a plan to improve it.

0 Kudos