ArcGlobe Draw Distance / Viewpoint for extruded features

Jump to solution
08-25-2015 11:55 PM
StephenHayes
New Contributor

Hi

I'm new to arcGlobe (using 10)  and cant seem to work out if its possible to change the draw distance for extruded polygon features.

Presently if I zoom out from a extruded layer the features will disappear in an order dependant on their size (the smaller ones first), is there anyway to alter this draw distance, I've searched the options but cant seem to find anything that makes a difference? Ideally I would like to keep the smaller ones on a larger scale.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanShephard
Esri Contributor

Hi Stephen,

The 10.0 release of ArcGlobe had an auto-culling behavior that - for display-performance reasons - doesn't show smaller 3D objects (multipatches and extruded polygons) as the viewing distance increases. We changed that behavior in 10.2.1 such that the layer's distance-visibility setting is honored explicitly.

So, the fix for your issue is to upgrade to a newer release (10.2.1 or higher).

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Nathan.

Esri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NathanShephard
Esri Contributor

Hi Stephen,

The 10.0 release of ArcGlobe had an auto-culling behavior that - for display-performance reasons - doesn't show smaller 3D objects (multipatches and extruded polygons) as the viewing distance increases. We changed that behavior in 10.2.1 such that the layer's distance-visibility setting is honored explicitly.

So, the fix for your issue is to upgrade to a newer release (10.2.1 or higher).

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Nathan.

Esri

0 Kudos