Poll an External Website for JSON - with credentials

Jump to solution
08-25-2015 09:25 AM
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Any suggestion on an input connector or modified input connector which will allow credentials to be embedded in the header with the below format? I'm working with a fleet tracking vendor (Spireon) and their API requires the header (with authorization string and account ID) to be embedded in each GET request. I am working with GeoEvent Processor 10.2.2, any suggestion is appreciated.

%curl - H "Authorization: Basic [your auth string]"

- H "Account: [your account ID]"

https://api.us.spireon.com/api/asset

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Ben -

Unfortunately the capability I think you are looking for was built into the 10.3.1 release. It might be available at the 10.3.0 release ... but is not available in the 10.2.2 product.

Similar to K's post Re: Anyone have any luck with passing  a user name and password the the Poll an External Website for...​ (which I saw you marked as helpful) ... in which she's configuring a parameter 'Parameters' exposed by the input ... the 10.3.1 release exposes a new 'Header Parameter Name:Value List' parameter you can configure with a comma separated list of Name:Value pairs you want GeoEvent to send with each of its requests.

Keep in mind that because just about everything that GeoEvent does is RESTful there is nothing that prevents an ArcGIS Server / GeoEvent 10.3.1 instance from polling an older ArcGIS 10.2.2 Server and/or geodatabase ... or using GeoEvent to update features exposed through services published on a 10.2.2 ArcGIS Server.

Sometimes upgrading a production system from 10.2.2 to 10.3.1 is not an option. However, you can stand-up a second ArcGIS Server site (running 10.3.1) which has the latest GeoEvent Extension installed. The obvious downside here is that a second ArcGIS Server site requires a second license; but if you have an ELA that might be an option for you.

- RJ

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Ben -

Unfortunately the capability I think you are looking for was built into the 10.3.1 release. It might be available at the 10.3.0 release ... but is not available in the 10.2.2 product.

Similar to K's post Re: Anyone have any luck with passing  a user name and password the the Poll an External Website for...​ (which I saw you marked as helpful) ... in which she's configuring a parameter 'Parameters' exposed by the input ... the 10.3.1 release exposes a new 'Header Parameter Name:Value List' parameter you can configure with a comma separated list of Name:Value pairs you want GeoEvent to send with each of its requests.

Keep in mind that because just about everything that GeoEvent does is RESTful there is nothing that prevents an ArcGIS Server / GeoEvent 10.3.1 instance from polling an older ArcGIS 10.2.2 Server and/or geodatabase ... or using GeoEvent to update features exposed through services published on a 10.2.2 ArcGIS Server.

Sometimes upgrading a production system from 10.2.2 to 10.3.1 is not an option. However, you can stand-up a second ArcGIS Server site (running 10.3.1) which has the latest GeoEvent Extension installed. The obvious downside here is that a second ArcGIS Server site requires a second license; but if you have an ELA that might be an option for you.

- RJ

BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

RJ, thank you for the reply. It seems 10.3.1 is our solution and I am talking internally to make that move. We have moved everything (ArcMap, ArcSever's, Portal for ArcGIS etc.) to 10.3.1 but this particular GeoEvent Processor Manager. It seems like this may be the catalyst to take the next step.

Thanks again,

Ben

0 Kudos