Error Running Snap Pour Point (Trying to delineate a watershed)

Jump to solution
08-24-2015 07:27 PM
Labels (1)
BrettWilkinson
New Contributor

I am trying to delineate a watershed I have the following error message show up when I try to run the snap pour point tool.

"ERROR 999999: Error Executing Function.

Failed to open raster dataset

Failed to execute (SnapPourPoint)."

I have gone through watershed delineation before, but that was a few years ago. I am pretty sure I have followed all the correct steps, and cannot figure what is wrong. So far the only suggestion I have found searching, is to contact ESRI support. At first, I thought my map projection was wrong but I have followed multiple tutorials, and I follow the exact steps that they do, but I always get an error message when trying to run this tool. Am I doing something wrong or should I contact ESRI?  Also, I cannot perform other operations on my point feature, so that made me think there is something wrong with what I am doing.  Let me know if there is some other information I can give you to help me out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NICOLAPEDDIS
Occasional Contributor II

You need a DEM with the same coordinated system of your project files. And is necessary do not use long names and use less than 8 digits. Other trick is to use folder in the main root of your disk, eg d:/proj/DEM

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brett,

Are you using a projected coordinate system?

Think Location
0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

What is the format of the raster data? tiff? file geodb? esri grid?

Make sure that there are no funny characters (esp spaces) in the paths to the data, and keep the paths fairly short.

NICOLAPEDDIS
Occasional Contributor II

You need a DEM with the same coordinated system of your project files. And is necessary do not use long names and use less than 8 digits. Other trick is to use folder in the main root of your disk, eg d:/proj/DEM

BrettWilkinson
New Contributor

I got it to work now. I moved my work to a completly new folder and that solved the problem. There must have been something wrong with the file path. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos