Issues of ArcGIS 10.2.2 on Mac with Parallels

08-22-2015 04:42 PM
RyosukeTakahashi
New Contributor

Hi. I've been trying to use ArcGIS 10.2.2 on my MBP retina (Early 2013, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Yosemite). It seemingly works ok but many tools such as Geoprocessing tools don't work (I can't see "CLIP... CLIP..." in the right bottom). Also, Map Document Properties window is cut off and I cannot see Default Geodatabase, Pathnames and Thumbnail menus. As a result, I can use it only for showing maps that I made with different PCs. AutoCAD 2015 and Rhino 5 are working well.

I just upgraded Parallels 8 to 11 and Windows 8.1 to 10 hoping it would solve this problem but it didn't. I tried reinstalling ArcGIS a few times which also didn't work. I am wondering if anyone faced the similar problems and solved it. Thanks.

-update-

I found that Geoprocessing actually works if I uncheck "Enable" of Background Processing (and leave "Stay up if Error occurs" checked) in Geoprocessing options. It seems that Background Processing for 64 bit is not working while I am not sure if it is because of Parallels. And Map Document Properties window is ok now for some reason, though it had been wrong for more than one year.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you may need more screen resolution for the map document properties than you have available.  Windows settings may help get more pixels on your screen, but those dialogs are pretty static.  Hoping someone else may have ideas in the ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support​ space.

0 Kudos
RyosukeTakahashi
New Contributor

Thank you, Curtis. I tried to change resolution but it didn't work. But suddenly, Map Document Properties window showed correctly without doing anything. I had had this problem more than one year, and I don't know what made it.

Geoprocessing tools still don't work.

0 Kudos
RyosukeTakahashi
New Contributor

I found that this problem had been caused by Windows system, not by Parallels. If you make a new account on Windows 8 with Microsoft account with name that has Japanese character, the name of user folder becomes the same name, which causes many problems. After I renamed it, everything seems to work well.

0 Kudos