Unable to change settings in "Other properties" tab (beta 3)

Jump to solution
08-21-2015 09:02 AM
Sergio_EduardoGalindo
Esri Contributor

While using AppStudio Settings, I can't modify the properties available in the "Other Properties" tab. Let's say I want to change the "tourLayerId" properties, whose default value is "maptour": I can edit its value, then I press "Apply" but the change isn't saved. Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? (I was able to do this in beta 1). BTW, I'm using the map tour template.

OtherProperties.PNG

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Yep - that's a bug

In the meantime - you can work-around this issue by editing the appinfo.json file directly in QtCreator.

Don't worry - it's not as scary as it sounds...

1. Highlight your app in the AppStudio Gallery and then select the QtCreator icon

2. This should open your project in QtCreator. Look for the file name appinfo.json in the table of contents and double-click to open the file.

3. Scroll down to the section called "properties". Here you can manually set the values for any of the availble properties in the Map Tour template.

4. Save your changes in QtCreator.

And that's it - now your changes are in your app!

If you need any more help - please let me know,

Hannah

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Yep - that's a bug

In the meantime - you can work-around this issue by editing the appinfo.json file directly in QtCreator.

Don't worry - it's not as scary as it sounds...

1. Highlight your app in the AppStudio Gallery and then select the QtCreator icon

2. This should open your project in QtCreator. Look for the file name appinfo.json in the table of contents and double-click to open the file.

3. Scroll down to the section called "properties". Here you can manually set the values for any of the availble properties in the Map Tour template.

4. Save your changes in QtCreator.

And that's it - now your changes are in your app!

If you need any more help - please let me know,

Hannah

0 Kudos
Sergio_EduardoGalindo
Esri Contributor

Hi Hannah,

I was aware I can edit the settings in the json file but I was hoping there was a workaround for doing it through the appstudio interface.

Looking forward to the next release!

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Sergio

0 Kudos