Publishing Tiles

Jump to solution
08-21-2015 11:06 AM
RusselQuan
New Contributor III

Is there a specific SLA for publishing tiles on the AGOL servers?  I uploaded multiple tile packages last night.  They completed publishing is ranges from .61% to 88.99% but have not changed for the last 16 hours.

RQ

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RusselQuan
New Contributor III

I think I've worked out a workflow that works.  Thanks for your notes.  They helped.

1. Display the Map in the Full Extent in ArcMap.

2. File > Share As > Tile Package > Upload package to my AGOL account.

On the Sharing Tab, Share Package with Everyone.

3. Upon completion, go to AGOL.  Don't move the package from its landing location.

4. Publish the Tile Package.

5. Monitor the progress through the Manage Tile link on the Tile Layer.

6. Move the Tile Package and the Tile Layer to it's destination folder if you would like.  (I've read that you can delete the Tile Package after the Tile Layer is built to save on credits.

7. SHARE the Tile Layer.  When I didn't share, only limited tiles would show up on the Map.  I think this is a bug.

Good luck.  Hope this helps anyone struggling with publishing tiles.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Russel, have you seen https://community.esri.com/thread/130087 ? I've been having some trouble with publishing never finishing too.

RusselQuan
New Contributor III

I think I've worked out a workflow that works.  Thanks for your notes.  They helped.

1. Display the Map in the Full Extent in ArcMap.

2. File > Share As > Tile Package > Upload package to my AGOL account.

On the Sharing Tab, Share Package with Everyone.

3. Upon completion, go to AGOL.  Don't move the package from its landing location.

4. Publish the Tile Package.

5. Monitor the progress through the Manage Tile link on the Tile Layer.

6. Move the Tile Package and the Tile Layer to it's destination folder if you would like.  (I've read that you can delete the Tile Package after the Tile Layer is built to save on credits.

7. SHARE the Tile Layer.  When I didn't share, only limited tiles would show up on the Map.  I think this is a bug.

Good luck.  Hope this helps anyone struggling with publishing tiles.