Collector - Edit Secured Service, Federated Login

08-19-2015 11:18 AM
IanKidner1
New Contributor III

I am trying to create the webmap in AGO that will be accessed by the Collector app.  When I load the Feature Layer to a webmap, I receive a message which states:

"Layer xxxxxxx seems to be on an internal network and not accessible to ArcGIS.com.  Thus, editing will be disabled on this layer"

The Feature Service is hosted on our organization's servers (not as a hosted feature service in AGO), and being added to our AGO account as a Feature Layer in My Content.  We have federated our Active Directory with AGO and also use Active Directory groups to secure services on our ArcServer.  I have tried disabling the security on the Feature Service on our ArcServer, and receive the same message. 

Any ideas what can be done to correct this issue?  We need editing to be enabled on this layer for it to work in Collector, and we also need the secured services enabled on our Feature Service. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

So the app should be able to access the editing capabilities in this feature service. The thing you will to do is add in a dummy hosted feature service with editing capabilities so the web map will get the Collector type keyword. Try that out and see if the app can access and edit your feature layer.

Russ

0 Kudos