Filter with GIS Online

08-17-2015 04:13 AM
JeffChartrand
New Contributor III

Help, I think I am going mad.  In the help menu for ArcGis Online under Show Tables it states that:

"To create a query expression that filters what feature data appears in the map and table, click the arrow to the right of Table Options and click Filter."

I do not seem to have this option can anyone shine a light on this issue?

I can Show Selected records, Clear Selected records, Centre on selected records.  I can select records manually but can not find the filter option anywhere.

Cheers

Jeff Chartrand

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Jeff,

Take a look at my screenshot, maybe that will help!

Tim

JeffChartrand
New Contributor III

Dear Tim,

Thank you for your prompt response.  I do not seem to have those options in my ArcGIS Online.   What I have is as below:

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Jeff,

The filter option may only be available to feature services and not shapefiles?

*edit: I just tested it and the filter option does not work on uploaded shapefiles.

Tim

0 Kudos
JeffChartrand
New Contributor III

Thank would make sense but the file I was working on was an imported CSV as per their instructions and was a simple feature type file.  It will not allow me to put csv on as an attachement.  I include a screen grab which shows the data file at the bottom.

Cheers

Jeff

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I think filtering does not work with any data that is stored within the map and not stored in "My Content".

I just added a CVS and I wasn't able to filter either.

If this is an organizational account, I would add the CVS to ArcGIS Desktop and then publish it as a feature service.

0 Kudos