Is it possible to georectify a raster image in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
08-13-2015 01:25 PM
RusselTaylor
New Contributor II

I found some reference to it in the help files (Changing the geographic coordinates of a raster dataset: Georeferencing—Data Management toolbox | Ar... , but it gave absolutely no clue as to how to go about doing it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GabrielUpchurch1
Occasional Contributor III

To my knowledge, nothing comparable to the Georeferencing Toolbar in ArcMap is available yet in Pro.  This is likely what Vinay was referring to as the "full blown user experience ... in our roadmap."  In regards to the basic georeferencing, Vinay was referring to the GP tools he mentioned in the last comment.  The catch here is that you need GCPs, a link file, or a reference raster to use any of these tools for georeferencing purposes.  Traditionally, the Georeferencing toolbar in ArcMap would be used to create GCPs and the resulting link file so until a similar capability is incorporated in Pro, you will probably need to stick with ArcMap for georeferencing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

Old thread on topic

Georeferencing in ArcGIS pro

According to the post, only georeferencing that can be done is via geoprocessing tools.

Vinay Viswambharan​, any updates on this?

0 Kudos
RusselTaylor
New Contributor II

Yes, I saw that old thread.  So I guess nothing has changed since February.  You don't happen to know how to do the basic georeferencing that was mentioned, do you?  People asked in that thread and never received a response.

0 Kudos
GabrielUpchurch1
Occasional Contributor III

To my knowledge, nothing comparable to the Georeferencing Toolbar in ArcMap is available yet in Pro.  This is likely what Vinay was referring to as the "full blown user experience ... in our roadmap."  In regards to the basic georeferencing, Vinay was referring to the GP tools he mentioned in the last comment.  The catch here is that you need GCPs, a link file, or a reference raster to use any of these tools for georeferencing purposes.  Traditionally, the Georeferencing toolbar in ArcMap would be used to create GCPs and the resulting link file so until a similar capability is incorporated in Pro, you will probably need to stick with ArcMap for georeferencing.

RusselTaylor
New Contributor II

Thank you.  That confirms my suspicions that there really isn't a way to georectify, yet.  The mention of the links in the help file got my hopes up, but the lack of instructions on how to do it made me think that it was still in the works.

0 Kudos