Geometric Networks

Jump to solution
08-13-2015 10:48 AM
AndyWright
Occasional Contributor

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask it anyway.  Are Geometric Networks supported in local geodatabases?  I am guessing no, because when I try to create Runtime Content from an MXD that has feature classes in it that participate in a geometric network I get a bunch of these errors:

"Layer has a join or relate to an unsupported data type"

The doc for what Runtime content supports states this:

• Only simple features, tables, relationship classes, locators, and network datasets are supported for Runtime content. If a feature layer references or participates in a relationship class that references unsupported data, the layer will not be included in the Runtime content.

So I guess I'm looking for some confirmation on this and maybe an answer as to whether or not this will be supported in the upcoming Quartz release?  Thanks ...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Andy,

You are right. This isn't supported in the runtime geodatabase, and isn't planned for the upcoming Quartz release. You would need to use Local Server with a GPK to do this. Java has an example of how this would be done Geometric network trace | ArcGIS for Developers

If this is something you would like to see, I suggest submitting an enhancement on the ideas page (http://ideas.arcgis.com). This will allow others to vote on the idea so we can gauge the interest in the idea.

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Andy,

You are right. This isn't supported in the runtime geodatabase, and isn't planned for the upcoming Quartz release. You would need to use Local Server with a GPK to do this. Java has an example of how this would be done Geometric network trace | ArcGIS for Developers

If this is something you would like to see, I suggest submitting an enhancement on the ideas page (http://ideas.arcgis.com). This will allow others to vote on the idea so we can gauge the interest in the idea.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
AndyWright
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thanks Luke …

0 Kudos
KunalSeth
New Contributor II

Check This Page, I guess it'll help you -

Geometric Network 

0 Kudos