Vertical coordinate system

Jump to solution
08-13-2015 08:49 AM
ChristianMorin
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a question about the vertical coordinate system. I have a service that serves X,Y in Web Mercator (102100) but the Z is NAVD_1988_Foot_US (ArcGIS Server doesn’t seem to send the vcsWkid in the Json for the service). The SceneView renders it assuming meters, so it stretches the objects vertically.

What is the proper way to specify the vertical coordinate system in 4.0 beta 1? The query task doesn’t seem to allow you to specify the out vertical coordinate system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Christian.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Specifying a vertical coordinate system isn't possible in 4.0 beta 1. All z-values are in meters. Defining vertical coordinate systems will be available in a later release of the API, but unfortunately it's not available in beta 1. You can try to work around the issue by converting your z-values to meters for now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Specifying a vertical coordinate system isn't possible in 4.0 beta 1. All z-values are in meters. Defining vertical coordinate systems will be available in a later release of the API, but unfortunately it's not available in beta 1. You can try to work around the issue by converting your z-values to meters for now.

0 Kudos
ChristianMorin
New Contributor III

Thanks for the answer Kristian. By a later release, do you mean a subsequent beta release or a release after 4.0 (like 4.1).

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm not sure exactly sure. That's why I was purposefully vague . If I could guess, I would say not in a beta release, but I'm really not sure about it. What I do know is that it will be worked in at some point, but it hasn't been heavily discussed yet. There are other capabilities that need to be in place first.

0 Kudos