Printing secured basemap with referrer-Url limitation in WAB

08-13-2015 04:52 AM
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

Hi,

in addtion to this topic: i got a mapservice containing an aerial image and polygon features. This service is token-based secured in AGS 10.3.1 and it's added as an element with saved credentials in Portal for ArcGIS. I can load the service via basemap gallery widget into my WAB application (Dev) without any problems and printing works fine. But if I insert the referrer-Urls (http://OURSERVER.de, http://OURSERVER.de:3344) from our server inside element's use limitations printing fails and i get the following error log:

<Msg time='2015-08-13T13:30:39,243' type='SEVERE' code='20010' target='Geoprocessing/SecurePrintingTools.GPServer' methodName='GPServerSync.CheckMessages' machine='H2200268.STRATOSERVER.NET' process='9736' thread='11500' user='null' >Error executing tool. Export Web Map Job ID: jd8a975a112704ce89dc31a6ef7ed0181 : Layer "layer12": Unable to connect to map server at http://OURSERVER.de/arcgis_hok/sharing/servers/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/rest/services/HOKis_Kar....
ERROR: code:403, You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation. Access to this resource is forbidden, regardless of authorization.
Failed to execute (ExportWebMap).
Failed to execute (Export Web Map).</Msg>

The printing service is setup on the same AGS instance and printing other layers and basemaps works just fine. I think there's a special port for printing issues, which I can't figure out. Any ideas?

I appreciate any hints.

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnninaHirschi_Wyss1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Andre Völkner‌,

I see it's quite a while you posted this, did you find a solution in the meantime? I ran into a similar problem.

I have an App (AGOL hosted WAB, not Dev, using the built-in print service) containing secured AGS 10.2.2 Feature services. I created items for them in AGOL with username/pw stored and have also referrer URLs to the webmap and app folders of our AGOL subscription.

All works smooth, except the printing.

I tried to include the AGOL Print Service URL to the referrer URLs, but this doesn't help.

Thanks,

Annina

arcgis online webapp builder‌

printing widget‌

0 Kudos
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

Hi Annina,

I couldn't solve the problem yet. Using the ESRI Basemap + Polygons (AGS secured Mapservice) worked for us (don't know why). Beside that your configuration seems to be different to this. Perhaps creating an item for the mapservice, not featureservice, in AGOL can help you.

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
0 Kudos
AnninaHirschi_Wyss1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Andre,

Thanks a lot for your reply. The thing is, the secured services have been published in the Hosted "section" in Portal (on the same AGS). This means they are available only as features and tiles. I can't use the tiles (or even if they would have been published as Map Images) because I need to overlay them on top of the map and query...

What I also tried is to publish a secured print service on the AGS 10.2., but this didn't work out either so far. I'll keep looking for solutions 🙂

0 Kudos