Using pixmaps/images efficiently

Jump to solution
08-12-2015 05:02 AM
NorbertThoden
Occasional Contributor III

Hi!

I have to put a specific QImage onto the map many times (> 10000).

The class pictureMarker offers rendering an image on the map - fine.

But its consuming more memory then necessary. (I was looking at the GPU memory)

By now it is NOT possible to put the pixmap to the memory of the graphic card and reference that many times, in this example 10000 times.

- Is that done in the background (QPixmap offers cacheKey() - QPixmap Class | Qt GUI 5.5  ) without being documented?

- Or is there a possiblity i didn`t recognize yet?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Norbert-

Seeing that you can share a single Symbol with multiple Graphics (one to many), you have a few options with PictureMarkerSymbol:

- Create one PictureMarkerSymbol with QImage and share that symbol between graphics
- Create SimpleRenderer with symbol as PictureMarkerSymbol using QImage and apply to GraphicsOverlay

If this does not work, can you please provide an example to show the issue you are seeing? Based on the description, I think one of these 2 options might work for you.

- Luke

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NorbertThoden

Hi!

Now we are on ArcGIS Runtime for Qt V100.

Is there any information about putting images/pixmaps on the map EFFICIENTLY?

Thx

Norbert

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Norbert-

Seeing that you can share a single Symbol with multiple Graphics (one to many), you have a few options with PictureMarkerSymbol:

- Create one PictureMarkerSymbol with QImage and share that symbol between graphics
- Create SimpleRenderer with symbol as PictureMarkerSymbol using QImage and apply to GraphicsOverlay

If this does not work, can you please provide an example to show the issue you are seeing? Based on the description, I think one of these 2 options might work for you.

- Luke

NorbertThoden

Hi Luke!

Yes, option 1 (share that symbol between graphics) should be helpful.

(It´s nearly obvious, but due to our wrapper/architecture i didn`t recognize this option...)

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos