Simple GP Service Fails

08-11-2015 12:28 PM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I haven't developed a gp service since we upgraded from 10.1 to 10.3.1, but now am having trouble with a few.  I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a two similar simple gp tools created through modelbuilder that are behaving the same way.  Images are attached.  Neither use a map service.  The output is in_memory.  And generally I'm using defaults everywhere.  The problem I'm having is that the tool runs locally and publishes successfully, but AGS throws an "ERROR 000816: The tool is not valid" error when I try to execute it in ArcMap.  Other gp services I've deployed work (one uses "Select" and another uses "Locate Features Along Routes"), so I'm doing something right somewhere.  It sort of seems like AGS doesn't like the "Select Layer By Attribute/Location" tools as I've configured them.   But, I'm just guessing.

Any help is very much appreciated!

ModelTool1.jpg

ModelTool2.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  I'm back to working on this problem and am still not making any progress.  I thought I'd share just a little more information with the hope that someone will see something.

If I deploy and execute the following model/tool, it works fine:

ModelTool3.JPG

But if I simply add a make feature layer tool and another copy features tool to the one that works, I get the invalid tool error:

ModelTool4.jpg

It seems that as soon as I add a tool that creates intermediate data, the gp service fails.  Our ags site uses UNC paths for the directories and configuration store which, from what I've read, causes ags to use the local temp folder for intermediate data.  Is that true?  And could there be a problem with that?  Of course, there could be any number of problems with our UNC path setup, too.

Thanks.

0 Kudos